Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 56 Two weeker


2.2.15 
So I kinda forgot to write about last week so I'll sum it all up in one email.  So these last two weeks have been super good, filled with companionship exchanges though.  I have been out of my area for 3 days....not very fun but still entertaining.  To start off though, we had a pretty cool experience about a week ago.  After church on Sunday, one of the members came up to us and asked for a blessing to help her with a headache she had.  So we gave her a blessing and right after we finished she stood up and said, "thank you Elders, I don't have a headache anymore.  Right when you put your hands on my head the pain went away."  All I can say is the power of the Priesthood is awesome!  

 Well, during this past week we did our companionship exchanges and I went to work in a different city for a day.  It was pretty fun but I think I'm getting sick again because of it...ah well.  The best part of this week was when we got to go visit this Peruvian family we found in the street a couple weeks ago.  We took them brownies and taught them about the Book of Mormon.  They really enjoyed the visit and when we asked if there was anything we could do for them they said, "keep visiting us."  It was so great.  And on top of all that, when we left they sent us with a Peruvian food that was this creamy sauce with chicken....super good!  

This week I also learned the power of being friendly and happy.  When I was on a companionship exchange we went to an eating visit with a member family and there was a less-active member there.  I didn't know he was less-active but I just started talking to him about soccer (something not too hard for me....).  We kept talking basically the entire night.  At the end of the visit, my companion for the night asked him if he was going to come to church that Sunday and he replied, "I'll go if Elder Jonson is there!"  I felt pretty special. ;)  So this week I'd like to invite you all to be happier and/or more friendly to someone. It will help them see the blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I hope you all have a good week and love life!

No comments:

Post a Comment