Thursday, May 15, 2014

Week 18 - Transfers!

Hello everybody!!  How are you all doing!  This past week has been a great one!  To start off Elder Jennings and I got "Pautas" which translate to Standards of Excellence for the first time in my mission and his!!  Kind of a big deal!!  [He mentioned these requirements to us in a previous letter.  There are 7 criteria, of which they have to meet 5 which included: # of member-present visits with investigators, baptisms scheduled, baptisms performed, # new contacts in one week, # of discussions in that week, etc.  It sounded like they worked extremely hard to achieve that "Pautas" status.]
Also got to Skype for Mothers Day!  It was super fun seeing the family and the dog, for a little bit! Technology is so great!  Even though that's about the extent of what we can use as missionaries...

So Saturday night we got the call to know transfers, and I'm transferred!!  I'm doing something that basically nobody does in our mission and that is ISLAND HOPPING!  I got transferred to the island just north of Mallorca, called Menorca!  It's still in the same Zone so I'll still get to see everyone from my old apartment!  I took a flight this morning at 8:15 and got here by 9.  And so now I'm enjoying a full preparation day!  My new companion is Elder Neumiller and he's great!!  He's from Mission Viejo, California and has about 9 months in the mission!  Great guy!!  I'm super excited to serve here, in an even smaller branch!  It's going to be a great experience!!  

I can't wait to get to know this island better as we go contacting and visiting members and investigators!  Hope you all are doing well and are loving life!  Remember to be grateful for the gospel, because a lot of people don't have it in their lives.  Always be looking to share it!  So much stuff happens in a week, but I can't remember it all in the moment, so just make me read through my journal when I get back! ;)
 
Have a fantastic week, and read your scriptures!
-- Con Amor,
Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment