Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 4

Hello everyone!! Happy Thursday!  This week has been pretty great!  Last Thursday we went to the Museo del Prado, and for those who know me know that is a hard thing for me to do because I HATE museums!  But I enjoyed my time there because Elders Stapleton, Christopherson and I just tried to avoid all the naked people....Anyway we got back in time after going to the museum to go play soccer against some Spanish teenagers and I was pretty proud of myself, I "burned" one of them SO bad!  It was fun!  The best part of the day though was getting to watch a MTC devotional from Elder Bednar.  The topic was "How can I tell the difference between the promptings of the spirit and my own thoughts."  I thought this topic was really applicable for me!!  The most interesting and helpful part of this talk was Elder Bednar's response to the question: "Quit worrying about it!!  Be a good boy and just do what you are supposed to do and you will be fine!!"  It was really nice to hear that from an apostle of the Lord!
 
On Saturday we went to the Parque del Retiro in the center of Madrid as usual, but this time I was paired with an American Elder who was learning Russian.  This meant that I had to do all the talking to the people if we wanted to try to talk to anyone, or so I thought.  Elder Sealock (My Companion) and I walked around the park and got rejected all day, but gave out quite a few pass along cards!  Then as we were riding the Metro back to the CCM, I got an idea.  I am always scared to talk to people in the Metro and so I told Elder Sealock to, "Throw me under the bus."  For us that meant he would walk up to someone and say, "HOLA!" and then I would have to finish the conversation!  It actually worked out really well because we actually talked to some people but they still rejected us.  The best part about that experience was that everyone was nice to us!  Although when looking back, that may just have been because some guy yelled something at us when he got off the train.  I'm honestly not sure what he said, but I assume he swore at us. :)  Its all good, nothing so little is going to stop the work of the Lord!
 
Sunday was fast sunday, and I want to announce a big moment in my life.  I participated in a Musical Number in our Fireside!  Not just participated as in playing the piano, I sang with three other Elders!!  We sang one of my favorite Hymns in English because it doesn't exist in Spanish...it was If You Could Hie To Kolob.  It was awesome!  Singing here is a huge part of what we do and I love it!!
 
Now to Monday, it snowed here in Madrid!! It didn't stick or anything but I loved it!  It reminded me of home!  Snow or not we still went to play soccer for Physical Activity and so I decided to bring my Lehi Soccer Hoodie naturally.  However, when we left to go back to the MTC I left it there.  I was so sad because I loved that hoodie and all the memories that were attached to it.  I figured it was gone because there was a big group of gypsies that were going to play on the court after us...but lo and behold the next day when we went back to the court it was still there!! I was so happy!! And I remembered to bring it back this time!!  It was a little wet because it had been raining but otherwise untouched!  Prayer is a powerful thing for something even as simple as a grey nike sweatshirt, but I'm so glad I can ask anything of our Father in Heaven.
 
We just got a bunch of native apanish speakers and they are all hilarious!  I love spending time with them even if I don't understand everything they are saying...One of the native spanish speakers is a midget, and he is the funniest of them all!!  He is so cool and I have so much respect for him!
 
One of my major accomplishments (in my mind) this week was that I finally figured out how to correctly pronounce the "GLI" sound in Italian!!  I can now say all the names of the missionaries in my district correctly now...I guess thats a product of the Gift of Tongues?  Today we are going to the Mall, and for all those reading this who have watched How I Met Your Mother, everytime someone says "the Mall" we all breakout into the "Let's go to the Mall" song Robin sings. 
 
Anyway I am getting short on time as always but I love you all, the church is true, and Spain is the best!
 
Con Amor,
 
Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment