Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 21 - More Birthday celebrations & a trip back in time

June 2, 2014  

Well Hi everyone!  How are you all?  This week has been crazy!  First off, last Preparation Day we decided to go out to another lighthouse on the island!  The obsession with lighthouses comes from the mission.  Years ago, a general authority nicknamed our mission the lighthouse for Europe because we are the highest baptizing mission in mainland Europe.  Anyway, as we were driving out there with the Clarks we saw dark clouds coming in.  We got there and three minutes later the wind picked up and the rain started falling.  We were already there so the other Elders and I all ran up to the lighthouse to take pictures!  The wind was so strong it was incredible!! We were almost getting blown over whilst getting pelted by rain and sand!  It was a ton of fun! Anyway, we got back and ended our preparation day and went back to work.  Elder Neumiller and I went to a member's house for a noche de hogar (family night) and they suddenly brought out a birthday cake for me because they hadn't had time to prepare for my birthday the week before!  And like all South Americans, they had me destroy the cake with my face!  Great initiation in the mission!  Also, I found out that a couple days later they had posted pictures of me on Facebook!  If it helps the gospel spread, I'll take it! ;)  

This week we were out of our area, a.k.a. our island, for two days!  We flew to Palma for a zone focus meeting and then Specialized Training with President and Hermana Pace.  The training was so great!  I learned so many things.  We focused on bringing the spirit into lessons!  Also I got to meet my missionary "Brother," the Elder who is getting trained by Elder Jennings!  It was fun. We took a family picture!  The Menorca Elders (us) got to stay overnight in the Levante piso(apartment), my old piso!  And I got to go on a companionship exchange with Elder Dailey!!!  It was so much fun!  I also got to see my recent convert Kevin!!  Overall it was a fantastic trip!! This week has been a blast!  Although we didn't have much success in the work we are setting ourselves up for it soon!  

I can't wait to get back to work!!!  

Con Amor
Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment