Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Week 11

Well hi everybody!!  This week has been pretty good!  My Spanish is definitely improving!!  I know because, well I understood all of what a guy said to me when contacting!  Let's just say, I wish I didn't understand it...gotta love the experiences of the mission!

However there have been some positives!  I got to get a taste of what I imagine Spain will be like during the world cup!  Yesterday was "El Classico," for those of you who don't follow soccer to the point of obsession (like me) that is what they call the game when Real Madrid and Barcelona play each other.  Literally every bar we passed by had the game on and was packed full of people watching the game intently!  Even the weird Chinese restaurante across from our apartment had it on!!  It was awesome for me!!

Anyway on to the Work!  Last week was a little rough, all of our 3 fechas fell and so we aren't baptizing anyone this week...but there was a miracle we were blessed with.  The miracle we were blessed with this week had to deal with our Recent Convert of about 4 months who has not been coming to church.  We've had weekly contact with him but he's been drinking and talking to Jehovah's Witnesses apparently.  We had been inviting him to church for the entire time I've been here and he's never come.  Elder Jennings and I were fasting so that our fecha could come to church so he could be baptized but he didn't come.  We were sitting in Sacrament Meeting sadly, when all of a sudden, I looked over and saw Paco trying to get the door open!!  Elder Jennings and I basically ran over to the door and greeted him!!  It was one of the best feelings I have ever felt!!  

Honestly, reactivation of people was not what I expected when I came on a mission but there is so much joy in it!  It was a perfect sacrament meeting for him to go to because all the missionaries sang "Mas Cerca Dios, de Ti" (Nearer My God, to Thee) and the spirit was SO strong!!  

Well tomorrow I have to wake up at like 4 so I can be obediente and be at the airport 2 hours early for my flight to Barcelona at 7 am.  I finally get to pick up my Spanish ID!  I'm super excited for it!  I will probably get to see people from my group so that will be so much fun!!  Well like always I don't have a lot of time so love you all!!

Also here is a list of some mission vocab that I use in letters so you can interpret my odd inglés now:
Fired=Canceled an appointment of some sort
Fecha=Investigator with a planned baptismal date
tronkie=being homesick
apostate=anything to do with disobedience
dying= (in reference to a missionary) a missionary in his or her last transfer in the field
Dad= (in reference to a missionary) your trainer as a missionary

anyway hope that helps!

--
Con Amor,

Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment