Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Week 99 - Tonsillitis & Staying Positive

12/1/15

This week was a little rough.  Last week’s illness turned out to be strep, so that was interesting. I literally slept all Monday, nothing on Monday night, Tuesday all day, a little Tuesday night, and then made an appointment with the doctors, but not until the following Wednesday the 2nd of December....so the mission just told me to go to the ER.  So I went and complained a little, got in, and got a prescription. I'm kind of half wondering if I could've just gotten the drug over the counter. It only cost me €9,95 - gotta love socialized medicine when you aren't paying any taxes.... ;)

We got close on the goal of baptizing 2 people per week as a zone. We finished the 4 weeks with 5 baptisms. So not too shabby. Our zone average for baptisms per month this year is about 5,1 so that's on track with where we have been.  We are going to do better this month with a goal of a least one baptism per companionship in the Zone. To help motivate our Zone, we are giving out Christmas ornaments to everyone like the ones we got in our last Concilio (see picture below).

Well we had a really good investigator for a little while, and now we are struggling with him.  He has some issues in his life with the law of chastity.   We will continue to work with him to overcome these. 

I am loving the mission!  Right now is such a great time to be here in Barcelona, for some reason I have a ton of energy. I'm sorry I will not be coming home in December as planned. I believe it is the Lord's will for me to stay.  Yes it will be sad not to be home for Christmas, but like we learned in a recent mission conference, we need to think positively. After Sister Dayton's husband was killed in a car accident she went to a counseling class where she was told to take every negative thing that ever happened and say, "That's great!" It's really helped me be positive.

I'm doing super well, we're working on getting more references this week.
 
Gift received at Concilio - They plan to give a similar gift to all the
Zone to motivate them to baptize in December.


 Mission Concilio
 
On P-Day the Elders in Tikal's Piso rode around the Sagrada Familia cathedral on bikes.  Below are some pictures of the cathedral and the Guadi house


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment