Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week 52 - Happy New Year


1/5/15

Hey everybody!  I hope you all had a great New Year, I sure did!!  We got to try out a Spanish tradition on New Years eve.  In Spain for the last twelve seconds before midnight, people eat 12 seeded grapes.  So I gave it a shot, but nobody told me I could chew them so, somehow I managed to get 12 whole grapes into my mouth at the same time.  I have a video, but the email system says its too big to send so it'll have to wait until I get home.  

Aside from New Years, we got to see lots of amazing things.  My favorite thing that I saw this week was a 15 year old recent convert come to church.  Coming to church doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it was for him.  Franklin, the recent convert, is the only active member of the church in his family.  His immediate family is half LDS and half Evangelist.  He is going through a rough time with his family and the church and he made the long chilly walk to church on Sunday morning without complaint.  He is a great example for me, and I learned that although we face our problems in life we can't give up on what we know brings us happiness, the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

I hope you are all doing well and have a Happy Reyes (Holiday where kids get more presents from the Three Kings, Jan 6th & 7th in Spain).
Con Amor,

Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment