Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Week 12

Well hello everyone!  This email is coming on a Tuesday this week because we are having TRANSFERS!!  I was pretty sure I wasn't moving but I still got super excited about them!!  Elder Cappellucci our district leader was "dying" or going home because he had served for his two years, but we didn't know who was coming in and who was going to be the new district leader!

Well I'm staying in Palma, my companion, Elder Jennings is now District Leader, and Elder Buttars (Elder Cappellucci's old companion) is getting ELDER DAILEY!!!!!!  Elder Drew Dailey is going to be living in the SAME apartment as me and is going to be a part of my District!!!!  I am so excited!!!!!  (Elder Dailey played soccer with Tikal on Arsenal for many years - Tikal was excited that they would be in the same mission and had hoped their paths would cross)
 
Anyway on to the weekly recap!!  Last Tuesday, I had to get up early and fly to Barcelona to pick up my Spanish ID!!  I got there all fine and I got to see my friends from my group and talk to them while we were going to pick up our ID's (called DNI's).  I also got to spend time with the Office Elders and the Assistants to the President.  That was pretty cool because they are fantastic missionaries!  Anyway all went well and then I had to fly back to the island.  I got to the Airport and went and printed of my ticket, and I was on standby....bleh....anyway I wanted to get back so I was really nervous that I wasn't going to get on the flight.... Well long story short, after all the stress, I got one of the TWO extra seats on board!!! I was so blessed!!!  
 
Also this week we got to develop our relationship with the members more.  We are really starting to develop a fantastic relationship with Lorenzo and Liz who are less actives, and the branch presidency!  I am so excited because when we work with members we are bound to get baptisms!!
 
One of the highlights of my week was eating a Bolivian food called Pique Macho.  It took me two days to finish it!  It was delicious!!  It has peppers, tomatoes, sour cream, piquante sauce, hot dogs, beef, and onions in it and it was AMAZING!!  I need to learn how to make it!  
 
Overall the mission is great!!  Our zone got more baptisms this month (11) than it EVER has before!!!  So that was pretty cool!!!  I wish we had a baptism to contribute, but we will definitely be contributing baptisms to that tally this month!!  
 
Well gotta run so love you all!  Remember to follow the spirit and look for opportunities to serve because God blesses people through others!  Be that blessing in someone's life!
--
Con Amor,
Elder Jonson

No comments:

Post a Comment